Adding Bank Account in Income Tax
If you have an income tax refund due, you really want to ensure that the bank account you wish to get the refund amount in is pre-validate on the income tax e-filing portal. If your bank account is not pre-validated on the portal, then you will not be able to receive the income tax refund due to you.
Along with the pre-validation of bank account, you will likewise need to guarantee that your PAN is linked with the bank account wherein the income tax refund amount must be credited.
Follow the step to revalidate your bank account in income tax.
- Login the official website on income tax and click on my profile
- After “My profile” select ‘My Bank Account’ shown on the screen
- The screen will show you the bank accounts that are pre-validated and which bank account has been selected by you for receiving the income tax refund.
How to pre-validate your bank account
In case you want to change the old bank account to new bank account then you follow these few steps;-
- After logging to my profile in income tax then you click on bank account.
- On the screen select “Add Bank Account” and ENTER THE bank details Such as Bank account number, IFSC code, then it automatically shows the bank name or address.
- Always do cross check while adding the Bank account, after all these the screen will show you the mobile or Email which was already added in the income tax.
- Then click on Validate, after successful validate, the bank account will be automatically added to your profile. You can later nominate the account (on the e-filing site) for receiving the income tax refund.
- Due to glitches on the tax portal, it may happen that your bank account is validated but on the screen, it is showing as ‘Validation in Progress’. However, to check whether the account is pre-validated or not, click on the three dots on the right-hand side of the box in which the bank’s name is shown.
- Then select ‘View Bank Details’, a pop-up box will appear on your screen showing the details of when the validation request was submitted and whether the bank account is validated or not and date on which it is pre-validated.