MGT 7 –Purpose ,Format & Due Date
All the company registered in India must be filed form MGT-7 every year. This is a electronically form is provided by the ministry of Affairs to all the corporation in order to fill their annual return details. This return contains the basic information related to company, its shareholders, directors etc. as on the last day of the financial year 31st March.
Who can file the form
- All companies, whether public or private which are registered in India must file the Form MGT-7 every year.
- One person company (OPC) introduced in the Finance Act 2021 are also mandatorily required to file the annual return in Form MGT-7.
- A company files the Form MGT-7 for its annual return.
- The due date for filing MGT-7 is 60 days from the date of Annual General Meeting.
- The due date for conducting annual general meeting is on or before the 30th September following the end of a financial year.
- Hence, the due date for filing form MGT-7 is normally the 29th of November.
The form MGT-7 are available in MCA portal. Download here.
Purpose of MGT-7
The Form MGT-7 is petitioned for yearly return anyway it contains every one of the specifics as like show up in the end of the financial year. These are:-
- The registered office, principal business activities, particulars of its holding, subsidiary and associate companies;
- The shares, debentures, other securities and shareholding pattern of the company;
- Indebtedness of the company;
- The members and debenture-holders along with alterations connected to them since the end of the previous financial year.
- The promoters, directors, key managerial personnel along with alterations connected to them since the close of the previous financial year.
- Meetings of members or a class thereof, Board and its various committees along with attendance details.
- Remuneration of directors and key managerial personnel.
- Penalty or punishment imposed on the company, its directors or officers and details of compounding of offences and appeals made against such penalty or punishment.
Document required for MGT-7
- List of investors, debenture holders
- Approval letter for augmentation of AGM
- MGT-8 copy if applicable
- Optional Attachment, if any-