DIN is a unique Director Identification number allotted by the Central Government to any person intending to be a Director or an existing director of a company.
It is an 8-digit unique identification number that has lifetime validity.
DIN is specified to a person, which means regardless of whether he is a director in at least two organizations; he needs to acquire just one DIN. Also, in case he leaves an organization and joins some other, a similar DIN would work in the other organization too.
Documents to be Attached With the Forms
Director Identification Number before appointment in an existing company:-
- Pan card.
- Any types of address proof ( aadhar, driving license, passport etc.
- A Digital signature certificate of company Director.
- Passport size photo.
- Mobile number
- Email id
The e-form should be digitally signed by the existing director on which company the appointment will be done.
All form related to the DIN
Reasons for Surrendering or cancelling the DIN
The central government may cancel the DIN due to some reasons:-
- If a duplicate DIN has been issued to the director
- DIN was obtained by fraudulent means
- On the death of the concerned person
- The person has been declared unsound mind by the court
- The person has been adjudicated as insolvent