After submitting the return, if any error is detected, for example, mistaken challan details or PAN not gave or incorrect PAN gave, the tax sum credited with the govt authority won’t reflect in the Form16/Form 16A/Form 26AS.
Procedure of revised return
- Update deductor details such as Name, Address of Deductor. This type of correction is known as C1
- Update challan details such as challan serial no., BSR code, challan tender date, challan amounts, etc. This type of correction is known as C2.
- Update/delete /add deductee details. This type of correction is known as C3.
- Add/delete salary detail records. This type of correction is known as C4.
- Update PAN of the deductee or employee in deductee/salary details. This type of correction is known as C5.
- Add a new challan and underlying deductees. This type of correction is known as C9.
- Cancel accepted statement. This type of correction is known as Y. Cancellation of Regular TDS/TCS can be done only if the TAN of the deductor is being revised. When you cancel the regular statement with incorrect TAN, it is necessary to file a new regular TDS/TCS statement with the correct TAN.
TDS refund claim
- To file your TDS online, you have to first register yourself on the IT department’s website: https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/.
- After registration, you can file your income tax return by downloading the relevant ITR form.
- Fill in the requisite details, upload the Form and click on submit.
- Upon filing the ITR, an acknowledgement is generated for the ITR submitted, which you must e-verify. You can do e-verification by using a digital signature, an Aadhaar-based OTP or your net banking account.
- However, if you haven’t been able to E-verify the ITR, then you can complete the verification by sending a signed physical copy of the same to the IT department.
Refund status check