WHAT IS A TRADE LICENSE ?
A trade license is needed by a business in order to legally carry out various activities. It is a legal document that provides legitimacy to a company and gives it the ability to perform certain actions in the country in which the trade license was granted. This type of license is only good for the activity it was originally granted for. It does not provide any special permission to carry out an activity other than the one it was issued for.
Categories of Trade license:-
- Food establishment license: hotels, restaurants, canteen, food stall, bakeries, the sale of vegetables and meat etc.
- Industries license: small and large scale manufacturing factories, cyber café etc.
- Shop license: a barber shop, dhobi shop, candle manufacturer etc.
Eligibility for getting a Trade license:-
- Person must have crossed minimum ages (18 years)
- Person must not have any criminal records
- Business must be capable of executing legal work
- Application has to made before you start running your business
- Renewal of application must be filled in 30 working days before expiry of the license
- Once license issued and it has to be maintained on annual basis
Different categories of Trade license
- Industries license: small, medium and large scale manufacturing factories
- Shop license: Dangerous and Offensive trades like a sale of firewood, cracker manufacturer, candle manufacturer, barber shop, dhobi shop etc.
- Food establishment license: Restaurants, hotels, food stall, canteen, the sale of meat & vegetables, bakeries etc.
Eligibility for a Trade license
- The applicant must have crossed the age of 18 years
- The applicant must not have any criminal records
- Business must be legally permissible.
Orissa Municipal Corporation Act, 2003
According to Orissa Municipal Corporation Act, any person who enters a business or any other trades such as industries or factories in Odisha has to get prior permission from the respective authority in advance before the commencement of the business.
Documents required for new Odisha trade license is listed as follows:
List of Documents:
- Application Form
- Tax paid receipt
- Three copies of blueprint (if any place to store or selling explosives, timber or any other combustible material will contain a statement showing the boundaries and measurements of such site)
- Proof of Identity (Pan card, Passport, Driving License, Govt/defence ID Card)
- Proof of Address ( Ration Card, Voter ID, Aadhar Card)
- Passport size Photo of Applicant
- Owner or Neighbour consent letter
Documents for Renewal
For renewing Odisha trade license, the applicant needs to submit the following documents:
- Original License copy
- Previous year fees challan
- Up to date tax paid receipt
The application procedure to obtain Odisha trade license is explained in step by step procedure here.
Step 1: The person who wishes to undertake any business in Odisha needs to approach the respective municipal corporation where the factory, industry or workplace or business or service intends to be established, for applying for the Odisha Trade licence.
Submit an Application
Step 2: The applicant has to furnish an application in the prescribed format along with documents for Odisha Trade licence at the Municipal Corporation. The applicant can get application form the respective municipal corporation. The application form costs Rs 2.We have here with attached a D&O trade license application form for Bhubaneswar Municipal Corporation.